2004/05/20

Skip it

You know, looking back at two posts ago, I think maybe I shouldn't be bothering to expand my notes so much, when I have two weeks' worth of them to go through. Instead I'll just read them over again and focus more on the analysis and what I wrote about in journal entries at the time, like that frontier theory interjection.

Actually, I went and looked at my HCNOA1 notes, and there was nothing on the frontier thesis, but I do distinctly remember reading about it in that course's textbook. Google me:

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/1112/38501

It seems that frontier theory is alive and well after all. Yet Winn's conclusion is much the same as denouncers' were a hundred years ago, with an added twist:

"[I]t is clear that no place on this planet qualifies as a frontier anymore. If there is to be a chance for the future, then we must find it above the sky. Up is where hope lives."

Here he's talking about space programs. I would like to explore the idea of a Christian frontier--which could last until the end of time--and whether it fits his criteria or not, but it's time to go to work.

No comments: