2005/01/12

Who Are We? Critical Reflections and Hopeful Possibilities

So I've only re-read the introduction so far, and it was good. But
while I was doodling in class last week, a thought came to me about the
themes of the original paper, so I just wanted to sketch it out here
before I forgot what it was about: Theocracy within a democracy runs
parallel to communism within a system of capitalism, which runs
parallel to servitude to Christ within a system of free will (i.e.,
reality, at least as it appears to us, etc.) In each case the dominant
/outer system allows freedoms which can be used for good or for evil,
and the inner system is one that is chosen, involving an abdication of
certain rights in return for the fulfillment of a higher good, which,
in most cases, tends to turn the pleasures one has a right to pursue
until one is sick of them into true blessings worthy of all thanks.

More to come.

Kev

No comments: