2005/01/12

Tack-on...

One more thing I jotted that I forgot to mention: the point discussed
at our meeting about Jesus--coming not for political revolution but
effecting it anyway--that tied in more with the overall theme of my
paper than I remembered to point out. It was actually a perfect
example of what I was trying to say: if you seek political change, or
economic change, or religious reform, or societal change, or whatever
else, as an end--*the* end--in itself, and neglect the heart, it is
bound not to work all that well. On the other hand, if you do as Jesus
did and go straight for the heart from the outset, you get political,
religious, societal, and where they intersect with it, economic change,
all as free sides. Not only that, but they will align with the purpose
behind the change of heart all the better.

Kev

1 comment:

Lee Herald said...

Hi Kevin,

I see that you are interested in religion, as I am.

Three of my blogs are about religion, Eight Men – Never have so many, trusted in so few, for so much --- Teresa and Bobby: A trial of faith healing --- The Impostors, As measured by the commands of Jesus of Nazareth.

I hope you find something that you would like to read.

Lee Herald