2004/06/05

Another book lead

I was just reading through this to refresh my memory, and besides the ending revealing the possibly (once again) dangerous assumptions (i.e., about economics and about spirituality) behind the view presented, I did find this intriguing quote and book lead:

My other book, The Other Path, was written for Peruvians, but I was amazed when it spread beyond Peru to all of Latin America and became a Latin American best seller. And then it started going to other developing countries, and one of the other countries it went to was Indonesia. And I was also thrilled because my publishers in Indonesia were the extreme left-wing press, which I thought was interesting.


I'll have to get a hold of that and some Illich or other liberation theology and see how the two reconcile. (Everything reconciles in the end.)

I'm still at a loss for deciding in which direction to present in September.

No comments: